Requin Base Executive Board Meeting Minutes
January 5, 2019
Voting Members Present: Lee Bookwalter, Huey Dietrich, Jeff Simon, Carl Stigers
Non-Voting Members Present: Joe Campisi, Frank Nicotra, Chad Underkoffer, Lou Hamil, Ericc Bookmiller, Chip Porter, Bat Masterson
Base Budget: As required in the Requin Base By-Laws, the following budget for 2019 was approved by the Executive Board. All other significant expenditures will be brought to the membership at monthly meetings.
Boat Sponsorship $210.00
Base Website $67.00
Scholarship (Eternal Patrol) $400.00
Holland Club pins $20.00
Guest Speakers (gifts) $100.00
Advertising (Veterans Day, etc.) $525.00
Insurance (via National) $25.00
Christmas Party $1000.00
Requin Base Birthday Party 2000.00
Nautilus float expenses $50.00
SVD & Office Expenses $1500.00
American Legion VFW Xmas Gift $25.00
Loyalty Pins $117.00
Holland Club Donation $83.00
USS Requin Memorial Service $500.00
Eagle Scouts $700.00
National Website $25.00
USS Pittsburgh visit 2000.00
- Meeting Locations: The practice of holding one meeting per quarter at a location other than Baden PA will continue this year. March meeting will be at American Legion Post 902 in Houston PA. June meeting will be at American Legion Post 290 in Columbiana OH. August meeting will be in Freeport PA. October meeting will be in New Castle PA. December Christmas luncheon at German Club on date to be determined.
- Projects: Eagle Scout courts of honor, loyalty pin program, Kap(ss)4Kid(ss) program, Eternal Patrol Scholarship donations, honor Holland Club inductees, and Memorial Day service onboard Requin.
- Advertising: Veterans Day notice in local newspapers.
- Parades: St. Patrick’s Day on March 16 in Pittsburgh, Carnegie on May 26 following memorial service onboard Requin, Sewickley and Coraopolis on May 27. Possible parades in Leetsdale or Canonsburg on July 4 and in Beaver PA on Veterans Day.
- Fund Raisers: Parades, candy sales, 40-40-20 raffle, Booster Club donations, small stores sales, and challenge coin sales will continue this year. Candy sales and additional raffles will support Kap(ss)4Kid(ss) and Eagle Scout programs unless seller designates otherwise.
- Special Activities: USS Pittsburgh visit in March 13-17, USS Requin 25th Birthday on September 1 at German Club, Pearl Harbor Day on December 7, and visit to Cod Base in Cleveland Ohio.
- Committee Co-Chairmen: Holland Club (Bernie Sigler), Eagle Scouts (Vince Metz), Audit (Rick Elster), Navy Ball (Rick Elster), Nautilus Float (Jeff Simon).
- Base Position Needed: Assistant Newsletter Editor, Awards Chairman, USS Pittsburgh Visit Chairman, Christmas Luncheon Chairman
- Miscellaneous Topics:
- Members where dues were waved
- Members dropped for base
- Members on Eternal Patrol in 2018
- New members
- Christmas meeting expenses